Customer Success Engineer
With the mission of "accelerating materials discovery for a sustainable future", PFCC provides Matlantis™, a versatile calculation engine, to help customers accelerate the development of new materials and elucidate their mechanisms.
Traditionally, first-principles calculations have not been able to perform a large number of trials due to their large computational cost. In the materials industry, it is common to discover materials first through experimentation and then via first-principles calculations to elucidate phenomena later.
The versatility and speed of Matlantis can be used to shorten the time required to validate experimental results in a variety of areas and to present promising candidates before experimentation.
PFCC offers Matlantis as SaaS. Not only do we sell software licenses but also accompany our clients to achieve meaningful results by using Matlantis. We provide support for how to use Matlantis, but also conduct professional technical explanations such as discussions on modeling and simulation methods and case validations. Moreover, we support the promotion of customers' digital transformation (DX).
Since the business started in July 2021, we have received interest from customers in various industries. We deal with cutting-edge issues in all areas, including the application of materials, phenomena handled, and computational methods, allowing us to gain a wide range of experiences. We look forward to applications from enthusiastic individuals who want to learn and advance their work in this challenging environment.
- Discuss and propose appropriate simulation methods and workflows for each customer issue, and create and provide computational case studies.
- Work closely with the product development team to reflect customer feedback in our products and to share our roadmap.
- Knowledge of basic computer science
- Programming skills using the Python language
- Experience and knowledge in a specific materials science field
- Experience in computational chemistry, for example, simulations involving quantum chemical calculations, molecular dynamics methods, electrical conductivity calculations, etc.
- Knowledge and experience using simulation techniques and tools, such as ASE (Atomic Simulation Environment) and LAMMPS
- Data analysis skills using machine learning and statistical tools (e.g., NumPy, Pandas, scikit-learn)
- Experience in research and development, as well as writing papers on physical simulations
- Knowledge and proficiency in computational chemistry software and auxiliary tools
- Experience using software like GAUSSIAN, VASP, RDKit, Open Babel, etc.
- Experience in research and development, as well as writing papers in the fields of cheminformatics and materials informatics
- Ability to actively discuss with engineers from different fields and companies
- Ability to keep up with the latest research trends and replicate studies
- Deep insights and experience in one's area of expertise
- Willingness to constantly learn new domain knowledge
- Ability to engage in smooth discussions with customers
- Presentation skills that captivate an audience
- Market and customer analysis skills
- Passion for market expansion and exploration
- English language ability
- Japanese language ability
- Paper list
- You can be involved in socially beneficial work, such as material development to achieve the SDGs.
- You can engage with cutting-edge challenges faced by various industry-leading companies.
- As a member of a small startup, you will have a large scope of responsibility and discretion.
- You can be involved as a stakeholder in the growth of a startup company.
- You can contribute to the global dissemination of software originating from Japan.
Required documents in addition to a resume
- Type of Employment
Full-time employee, a probationary period of 3 months (same terms and conditions as the primary employment)
- Tokyo, Japan
- WFH available
- Work schedule
- Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, national holidays, other (congratulation, condolence, year-end and New Year holidays)
- Full flextime system (no core time)
- Remote work is possible.
- Annual paid leave system by our company's regulations.
- Compensation based on experience, performance, ability, and contribution
- Reviewed twice a year
- In addition to base salary, bonus based on company performance and individual performance (twice a year, in April and October)
- Transportation expenses paid (maximum 150,000 yen/month actual expenses paid; if exceeding the limit, a consultation will be required)
- Social insurance (employee pension insurance, health insurance, unemployment insurance, worker's accident compensation insurance)
- Paid vacations, maternity leave, childcare leave, congratulation or condolence leave, etc.
- Periodic health checkups
- Subsidy for purchase of laptop PC
- Smaller Enterprise Retirement Allowance Mutual Aid System
If you don't have a Google account, you will be asked to send us your resume by email. Sorry for the inconvenience.