1. Basic Policy Concerning Protection of Personal Information
The executive officers and employees of the Company understand the importance of personal information obtained through its business activities and will seek to properly handle and safely manage the personal information while taking utmost preventative measures to protect it against or from unauthorized access, loss, or leakage.
2. Acquisition of Personal Information
The Company will obtain your personal information by legitimate and fair means. Further, the Company will not receive data that includes your personal information from a third party without confirming the legality of the data acquisition by the third party.
3. Use of Personal Information
The Company will use your personal information for the purposes notified at the time of its acquisition and within the following purposes, only to the extent necessary to perform its business activities. The Company will not use your personal information for other purposes without obtaining your permission in advance.
- The personal information you provide when you register with the service offered by the Company (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”), the information on your usage of the Service, and the personal information the Company collects when you log in to the Service with an account that you use for other services will be used for the authentication purpose and to improve the Service.
- The personal information you provide when contacting the Company will be used only to reply to your inquiry. In addition, the Company will send emails to the e-mail addresses you provide in the inquiry form and/or at events, etc., to inform you of functional updates to the Service and upcoming events, among other information.
- The Company may publish videos, images, or other data recorded at a presentation, lecture, and such events on our representation materials and publication materials and on the websites managed by the Company (hereinafter referred to as the “Company websites”) , social media, or other media for purposes such as introducing the Company businesses. The Company may also use such recorded data for its research and development activities.
4. Provision of Personal Data to Third Parties
The Company will not provide your personal data possessed by the Company to a third party without your consent except in those cases set forth in the following:
- Cases based on laws and regulations
- Cases in which there is a need to protect a human life, body or fortune, and when it is difficult to obtain your consent
- Cases in which there is a special need to enhance public hygiene or promote fostering healthy children, and when it is difficult to obtain your consent
- Cases in which there is a need to cooperate with a central government organization or a local government, or a person entrusted by them in performing affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and when there is a possibility that obtaining your consent would interfere with the performance of the said affairs
5. Management of Personal Information
The Company will safely keep your personal information collected by the Company. The Company will designate a handler for each data that contains personal information and properly manage it under the chief privacy officer of the Company.
6. Implementation of Safety Measures
With regard to measures to protect your personal information, the Company will provide training regarding privacy protection to all its employees, require security software to be installed on all PCs used for its businesses, draw up PC security guidelines and regularly check the state of compliance with the guidelines for safe management of your personal information.
7. Outsourcing of Personal Information
Should processing of personal information be outsourced to a contractor, the Company will entrust the information to the contractor under a proper agreement of privacy protection and ensure that the work is performed under strict control and surveillance by the Company.
8. Privacy Protection Laws and Regulations
The Company will comply with applicable laws, regulations, and other codes relevant to privacy protection.
9. Handling of Personal Information on the Company Websites
- Use of Cookie2, Web beacon3, and IP address*4
- a. To identify the cause of an incident or problem that occurs on a server and solve it.
- b. To improve contents of websites, emails, and others
- c. To customize contents of websites, emails, and others for individual users
- d. To use the information for statistics in a way that cannot identify an individual
- Use of Google Analytics
- Use of external services
10. Review and Improvement
The Company will continuously review and improve its management of the personal information as set forth in the foregoing clauses.
11. Inquiries Concerning Personal Information
The Company, in compliance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, discloses herein its name, address, and representative as a business that handles your personal information.
- CEO Daisuke Okanohara
- Preferred Computational Chemistry, Inc.
- Otemachi Bldg., 1-6-1 Otemachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan
※2：Cookies are identification information sent from a server and stored in your browser for efficient website operation.
※3：Web Beacons are used in combination with Cookies to obtain statistics about access to certain Web pages.
※4：An IP address is an identifying number for a computer connected to a server (The user of the computer cannot be identified)
Effective: July 1st, 2021
Revised: July 21st, 2021